When the snow melts, so does the yucky rock salt (and sand) that is used to clear the roads. Long Island uses some sort of sand mixture in their snow clearing efforts. Thus, our Mineola Bicycle Club ride this past Saturday was an epic, non drafting, sandfest! Frank and I rode 75 miles, mostly on the North Shore. Our turnaround was at Caumsett State Park, where I had a chance to snap a few photos of the Cannondale EVO.
The bike was already disgusting halfway through. Frank had installed a fender on his ride so he stayed dry and much cleaner than me. I, on the other hand, simply rode like it was another sunny day.
By the end of our ride, we had climbed a little over 3500 feet for the day. But the most interesting part of the ride was when I asked Frank to take a picture of my ass for me 😉
totally worth it.
More from my site
- April 23, 2015 Tour of the Battenkill 2015
Just one year ago, I raced in my first Battenkill - known by cyclists as one of the toughest one day amateur races in the Northeast. Last year, I raced in Category 5 and came through […]
- June 3, 2014 Sponsor Spotlight : Mineola Bicycle & Mower
Mineola Bicycle & Mower has been around for a really long time. I first discovered them when I was biking around Long Island and saw a bunch of riders dressed in red and white. And the […]
- April 12, 2017 March Madness Recap of my running events in March, GLIRC 25km win, Rock N Roll DC half marathon personal best, Boston marathon preparations
- December 14, 2013 Let it Snow, Again! New York City is getting hit with snow again, and this time it's a forecasted 3 to 6 inches! Although I won't be going out on the road or TT bike, this gives me an opportunity to spice up […]
- August 25, 2015 Race Week: IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship I'm back!
It has been a hectic summer juggling a few MBA Accounting courses while working more at the shop and training more! The last two months have been focused on dialing in my 70.3 […]
Cannondale EVO, Dirt, MBC, Mineola Bicycle