It’s been over a year since my last post. Why? Because I kept telling myself I had no time – that was true, (juggling a full time class schedule + work + 15-20 hours of training) but also, I didn’t think I had anything to write about.
2012 was a stellar year.
Some highlights include my first Ironman event (Lake Placid), an Age Group win at the Toughman Half Ironman, qualifying for the Boston Marathon, PB’s in everything from the 5k to Marathon, and most importantly, staying injury free! I also fundraised for the Challenge Athletes Foundation alongside Team REFUEL. Check out this blog post and video from the 2012 San Diego Triathlon Challenge, benefitting CAF. I’d like to start writing about 2013, so here are some snapshots from 2012 that sums it all up (sort of).
More from my site
- November 28, 2013 Happy Thanksgiving! – Looking Back, 2013. There are so many things that I am thankful for. The ones that are on top of my list goes to the unending support of my family & friends throughout my journey into triathlon.
- July 28, 2011 NYRR Sprint Triathlon Race Report (July 23, 2011) First of all, thanks to all those who woke up before dawn and cheered me on during the race.
Second, special thanks to emotionphoto for amazing race day pictures! You can find more of his […]
- July 20, 2013 New York City Triathlon (7-14-13) Race Report I've had some time to reflect upon my performance at my first NYC triathlon, coincidentally also my first Olympic distance race. Going into the race, I have never done a 40km time trial on […]
- October 24, 2015 Ironman Maryland – Champion’s Sherpa Report a perfect weekend.
Last year, 3 weeks before Ironman World Championships, I was convinced to participate in Ironman Maryland...for fun. The race features a two loop swim in the Choptank […]
- October 1, 2014 Updates coming soon Well...it's been a while since my last update. Sorry about that! Ever since Ironman Lake Placid, my summer has unfolded unlike anything I could imagine. It's been a spectacular summer and […]