As promised in my previous blog post, I would upload some more pictures from Kona.
Since my last post, I have been swamped with writing my final thesis paper, catching up with friends, pacing the New York City Marathon, and wrapping up a short, but intense build-up for Ironman Cozumel this upcoming Thanksgiving weekend. Good news…the paper is more than half-way done and on track. Bad news? Nothing to report here!
The 40th running of the New York City Marathon was on November 6th. The week leading up to the race was filled with fun events, like the 5km run with Shalane Flanagan sponsored by Jack Rabbit / New York Running Company. My training partner, David and I, went for an easy run along Central Park’s bridle path the Thursday before the marathon and found ourselves spotting pro athletes everywhere!
Pacing the marathon was super fun, especially when I get to see so many familiar faces along the route! Coming off a hard training week cycle, I was 95% sure that I could hold the pace (7:10 min/ mile), but also knew that I might put myself in the hurt locker. Luckily, I ran with a Ryan P, my co-pacer from Fort Collins, Colorado. Even though we both had to run the complete 26.2 miles each, having Ryan by my side was half the battle. Our goal was to hit 3:09:30, and my official time was 3:09:27, with a 29 second negative split from the half-way point. Mission accomplished!
Here’s a bonus gallery of NYC Marathon photos.
And thus, we are now finally here – Thanksgiving week and more importantly, RACE WEEK for IRONMAN Cozumel [Mexico].
Let’s see what I can achieve in my final race of 2016.
More updates will be on the Facebook Page!
More from my site
- October 24, 2014 2014 IRONMAN World Championship Recap The long awaited IRONMAN Kona blog post...Sorry for the delay. Business school midterms and projects, along with work took priority immediately after Kona, leaving me virtually no time to […]
- August 3, 2014 2014 IRONMAN Lake Placid Race Report If I had to sum up my experiences at Ironman Lake Placid in one word, it would be PERFECTION.
I drove up from to Lake Placid on Thursday morning and was probably the first few hundred […]
- October 6, 2014 Kona Preview – Ironman World Championship I forgot to publish this post before Ironman Kona. Here's what I had to say (written on the flight on October 6):
A long flight from NYC to Kona means I can finally recap how my 2014 […]
- May 2, 2016 New Jersey ½ Marathon, Long Branch NJ (May-1-16) After qualifying for the 2017 Boston Marathon at this year's Los Angeles Marathon, there was no reason to race another 26.2 miles before the triathlon season, so I downgraded […]
- August 25, 2015 Race Week: IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship I'm back!
It has been a hectic summer juggling a few MBA Accounting courses while working more at the shop and training more! The last two months have been focused on dialing in my 70.3 […]
ironman kona, ironman training, nyc marathon