Guess what I just did? My first criterium race! 😎
The race took place at right across the Hudson River. Well not really, but it was close enough, at Branchbrook Park in Newark, New Jersey. I made my best effort to get some snapshots before and after the race.
Special thanks to ISM Saddles for the super race kit!
Here are the results via USA Cycling – I got 10th place in the Cat4/5 race. There was a 2 man breakaway, with a 2 man chase, followed by the rest of the pack. Clearly, I was in the pack. Being that this was my first race, safety was my main concern. I found an outside line during the sprint finish, but was boxed out and outsprinted by 5 others. It was such a fun experience!!!
Our lead vehicle was a VW Beetle! How cool!!
Post race shot. Thank you ISM!!
The CAT4/5 results are in!
I don’t remember what the race director said, but I guess it was funny…
Can you spot my first sprint finish?
More from my site
- February 28, 2014 Get Comfortable with ISM Saddles I am honored to announce that I have joined the ISM (Ideal Saddle Modification) team of athletes & ambassadors!
I've been using their saddles since 2012 and no other saddle that […]
- April 1, 2015 Bike Racing & Central Park Duathlon What did I do last weekend? Well, let's start off with Friday. My training partner drove for over 90 minutes so that we could do a track workout together...talk about dedication! We set […]
- March 14, 2014 Nassau Run Series Part 2 – Lido Beach 4 miler Windy and flat. Not my favorite race conditions, but it's always good to get a workout in. This was nothing special...so here are some pics!
Next part of this run series […]
- July 20, 2013 New York City Triathlon (7-14-13) Race Report I've had some time to reflect upon my performance at my first NYC triathlon, coincidentally also my first Olympic distance race. Going into the race, I have never done a 40km time trial on […]
- April 10, 2016 RaceAwesome Spring Duathlon [4.10.2016] First off, thank you RaceAwesome, volunteers and race director Corey for putting an excellent event to start off the multisport season on Long Island.
After racing the 2015 […]
Crit, ism, MBCR