They’re not your everyday conventional road brakes…So installation is also not conventional! The instructions provided by TriRig was simply a YouTube video that was embedded on their website. It’s straight forward and gives you all you need to know to properly install the brakes.
To spare you from the gritty details, here’s what I had to play around with:
– size of washer for both the front and rear brake. Using the smaller one rubbed the brake on the front fork.
– side adjustment of the brake pads did not allow for vertical play, so I had to be very precise when installing the both the front and rear, especially the rear due to the adapter.
But after about an hour of sizing the perfect cable length, with the right ferrule, and just the right about of ceramic lube, I had successfully installed these brakes.
I’m a bit of a weight weenie, so now I’m proud to say that with these brakes, my Cannondale Slice is under 19 pounds with cages, and a very heavy training rear wheel.
Here’s some photos! Did I do a good job?
Hooked the Slice back onto the trainer. Notice how the front brake cable housing shoots straight down.
like what you see?
I sure do!
I rerouted the rear cable housing from left to right to make the cable much more flush against the frame #AERO
More from my site
- February 28, 2014 Get Comfortable with ISM Saddles I am honored to announce that I have joined the ISM (Ideal Saddle Modification) team of athletes & ambassadors!
I've been using their saddles since 2012 and no other saddle that […]
- August 30, 2013 WheelBuilder Aero Jacket review As Ironman Florida steadily approaches, investing in an aero wheel would only benefit my aerodynamics on race day. The quickest fix, and the one product that I have been told again and […]
- November 1, 2014 CEEPO Venom Review Hey there. I didn't want to do a write up of the CEEPO Venom until I've had the chance to put the bike through some training and racing. Many of you already know, from pictures and such, […]
- February 26, 2014 Garmin Vector Power Meter Installation Thanks to the extensive and comprehensive of D.C. Rainmaker's Garmin Vector installation and in-depth review, I took it upon myself to try and install them. Finding the spare installation […]
- April 1, 2014 March 2014 Training Totals There's a lot that happened this month! The poor weather in the first half of the month kept my workouts on the trainer. I let my gym membership expire. I found a new pool for my swim […]
brakes, installation, omega, tririg